What do I need to do before I sell my home?

Prior to selling your home you must obtain a Certificate of Approval for a Smoke Inspection/Fire Extinguisher Inspection.  This Certificate is required prior to the Closing.  To submit an Online Request visit Fire/Smoke Inspection Application (Required for Change of Occupancy) 

The Township of Berkeley Heights does NOT require a CO (Certificate of Occupancy) prior to selling your home.  

For more information, visit the Fire Department webpage or contact the Fire Department at 908-464-0800.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if a property has any open permits?
2. What do I need to do before I sell my home?
3. Do I need a permit to hold a Block Party?
4. What do I do if a tree falls on my property?
5. What do I need to do to open a business in Berkeley Heights?
6. What do I do if my Recycling was NOT picked up?
7. What if my garbage was not picked up?
8. Does Berkeley Heights offer a Bulk Pickup and if so, when is it?