Preview of February 7th Township Council Meeting Agenda
By Council President John Foster
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 7th at 7:00PM in the Berkeley Room at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. Members of the public must attend in-person in order to participate. For this and all future meetings, members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to email@example.com or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364 (if you need to enter the meeting ID, it is: 357-574-7364); please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
The Council will hold a conference session to discuss the sewer plant asset management study and items most needing funding, with the presentation being led by the Township's sewer engineer from PS&S.
During the regular agenda, the Council will vote on the following resolutions, among others:
- Resolution approving Bill List dated February 7, 2023, in the amount of $977,858.85.02.
- Resolution appointing Anthony Amiano as a Fire Inspector for the term ending December 31, 2023.
- Resolution authorizing an agreement with City of Elizabeth to provide Sexually Transmitted Disease services.
- Resolution authorizing the submission of a Recreation Commission grant application to the NJ Department of Community Affairs, in the amount of $500,000, to carry out a project to make improvements to the Synthetic Athletic Turf of Lower Columbia fields.
- Resolution authorizing an emergency appropriation in the amount of $1,533,525.00. This appropriation will allow the Township to have the funding to pay our Health insurance, Liability insurance and cover the Sewer contracts that were awarded at the Council Reorganization Meeting on January 4. Since we are still on our Temporary budget, we were only allocated 26.25% of our budget in these accounts; this is authorizing the Township to use a higher percentage to cover expenditures that we know would charge more than that amount.
- Resolution awarding a contract to Pennetta Industrial Automation for the provision of HVAC services and repairs, at the Wastewater treatment plant, in an amount not to exceed $125,000.00
- Resolution authorizing the application to the fiscal year 2022, FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant program, for an amount of $330,082.19 with a 5% Township match in the amount of $15,718.20
- Resolution appointing Eduardo Veyan to the Peppertown Park Renewal Committee, for a term to expire on December 31, 2024.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.