By Council President Jeanne Kingsley
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday December 6th at 7:00 PM in the Berkeley Room at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. Members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364 (if you need to enter the meeting ID, it is: 357-574-7364); please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
During the regular agenda, the Council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated December 6, 2022 in the amount of $813,005.89 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Authorize the Shared Services Agreement with the Board of Education for vehicle repair and maintenance services.
- Authorize a Street Light Agreement with various property owners, for the purpose of installing electric outlets and solar timers on street lights owned and maintained by the Property owners.
- Authorize the extension of the FY2021 Local Efficiency Achievement Program Implementation grant agreement, with the Department of Community Affairs, Division of Local Government Services to February 28,2023. This is because of supply chain issues and the Township is not able to receive all of the items included in the grant within the grant original timeline.
- Approve a one-year extension to the 2019-2022 Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Township and the United Public Service Employees Union through December 31, 2023.
- Approve the insertion of a special item of revenue of $2,500 for senior citizen social services programs from the Community Development Block Grant.
- Authorize transfers between budget appropriations.
Click here to view the complete agenda.