Preview of November 14th Township Council Meeting Agenda
By Council President Jeanne Kingsley
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on MONDAY November 14th at 7:00PM in the Berkeley Room at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. For this and all future meetings, members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to email@example.com or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364 (if you need to enter the meeting ID, it is: 357-574-7364); please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
The Council will hold a conference session to discuss an Equity Audit Proposal by Brittany, Hale, Esq. and also to review the Best Practices findings, as required by the State of New Jersey.
During the regular agenda, the Council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated November 14, 2022 in the amount of $1,170,881.61 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Authorize transfers between budget appropriations.
- Approve the insertion of a special item of revenue for the Fiserv $150,000 community benefit fee as part of an EDA Grant.
- Approve the insertion of a special item of revenue of $14,250 for senior citizen social services programs from the Community Development Block Grant.
- Approve the insertion of a special item of revenue of $60,000 from the Infrastructure and Municipal Aid Grant.
- Establish policies and procedures for the payment of claims and claimant’s ’s signature for payment.
- Amend resolution awarding a professional series contract to Arterial LLC, for urban design services in the development of a capital improvement plan for Sherman Ave from $38,500 to $46,500.
- Appoint Renae Waggner as Registrar of Vital Statistics.
- Authorize the purchase of electricity supply services for public use on an online auction website.
- Authorize purchase contracts with certain vendors, for the purchase of police vehicles, from Mall Chevrolet in the amount of $135,000.
- Authorize the establishment of a Community Advisory Committee pursuant to the terms of the Community Benefits Agreement with Fiserv Solutions, LLC.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.