Preview of September 20th Town Council Meeting Agenda
by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 20th at 7:00PM in the Berkeley Room at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. For this and all future meetings, members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364 (if you need to enter the meeting ID, it is: 357-574-7364); please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
The Council will hold a public hearing and final adoption of an ordinance to update sick day payment regulations. The proposed changes are necessary for the township to be in full compliance with the 2007 and 2010 laws regarding sick leave payouts.
During the regular agenda, the Council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated September 20, 2022 in the amount of $483,193.03 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Authorize the application of the 2023 Union County Local Arts Grant Program in the amount of $6,000.
- Authorize the sale of surplus property on the State- approved online auction Municibid.
- Authorize consent for the collocation of additional equipment on the tower on the Leased Premises for Dish Wireless LLC, located at 110 Circle View Drive.
- Authorize an amended agreement with Free Acres for various services.
- Authorize the insertion of a special item of revenue and appropriation in the FY2022 municipal budget, to accept a forthcoming state appropriation of $350,000 for necessary emergency upgrades to the digester gas flare system at our sewer plant.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.