Preview of July 19th Town Council Meeting Agenda
by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday July 19th at 7:00PM in the Berkeley Room at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. For this and all future meetings, members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to email@example.com or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364 (if you need to enter the meeting ID, it is: 357-574-7364); please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
The first item on the agenda is a public hearing and final adoption of the following Ordinance introduced on June 21st:
- Authorizing the award of a contract to Dish Wireless, LLC for lease of real property owned by the Township located at 259 Diamond Hill Road. This allows the township to add telecommunication providers to existing infrastructure(poles) for a fee. As a result of this new lease, the Township will receive an annual rent of $42,000.
During the regular agenda, the Council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated July 19, 2022 in the amount of $1,064,083.41 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Adopt pre-qualification regulations in connection with bids for the interior renovation of the Littell-Lord Farmstead. This step will allow the historical architects hired by the Township to move forward with the public bidding process for the first stage of restoration work for which the Township has received grant funding.
- Authorize a Shared Service Agreement with the Board of Education for the provision of a police officer to serve as a student resource officer at the High School.
- Consent to the Certification of the 2021 Annual Audit.
- Approve the Corrective Action Plan, to cover the recommendation in the 2021 Annual Audit report.
- Authorize the execution of a Recognition Agreement with Provident Bank in connection with as construction loan by Provident Bank to Berkeley Crossing Urban Renewal, LLC for the former Berkeley Florist site (Block 502, lots 1,2,3,4 & 5).
- Authorize the application of the 2022 Greening Union County matching grant in the amount of $4,000, for tree plantings.
- Authorize the application of the 2022 American Rescue Plan Firefighter Grant Program, in the amount of $250,000, for firefighter equipment, clothing and PPE.
- Reimburse Michael Gargiulo, the homeowner at 23 Mercier Place, for an overpayment of construction permit fees in the amount of $8,070.
- Request approval of Special Item of Revenue and Appropriation According to N.J.S.A. 40A:4-87 – American Rescue Plan (ARP) in an amount of $699,342.94
- Appoint Joe Popolo as Part-Time Construction Official.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.