Preview of March 15th Town Council Meeting Agenda
by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 15th at 7:00PM.
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday March 15th at 7:00PM in the Berkeley Room (Council chambers, 1st floor) at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. This is the first Council meeting to be held in person in two years, due to the COVID19 health pandemic. For this and all future meetings, members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to email@example.com or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364; please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
The first items on the agenda is a conference session to discuss a potential permanent outdoor dining ordinance. The township planner, Keenan Hughes, will lead the discussion on the benefits of allowing outdoor dining permanently in Berkeley Heights. Click here to read the draft ordinance.
This will be followed with a discussion by the GLHS Woodworking Department.
The council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated March 15, 2022 in the amount of $992,154.07 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Authorize the application of the 2022 Transportation Electrification program, for an electric garbage and leaf truck, in the amount of approximately $584,922.50.
- Authorize a contract with Regional Industries, LLC for the provision of Residential Clean-Up (yearly bulk cleanup) in the amount not to exceed $142,000.
- Authorize the application of the 2022 Union County Infrastructure and Municipal Aid Grant. The money from this grant will be used to fund various drainage projects.
- Authorize an amendment to a contract with MAST Construction Services, Inc. in connection with the municipal complex redevelopment project.
The Council will introduce three ordinances at this meeting, as well:
- Amending Chapter 2.128 Entitled “Personnel System”, of Title 2 entitled” Administration and Personnel” of the Township Code to amend the Township’s Holidays. This ordinance, if approved, will make Juneteenth a recognized Township holiday. If the introduction of this ordinance is approved, there will be a public hearing and final vote on this ordinance on April 5, 2022.
- Extending the effective period of Ordinance 4-2021, which authorizes restaurants to establish and operate approved temporary dining areas during the COVID-19 pandemic. If the introduction of this ordinance is approved, there will be a public hearing and final vote on this ordinance on April 5, 2022.
- Amending the minimum and maximum rate of salary and compensation of elected and appointed township officials, and non-union employees in the various municipal departments of the Township of Berkeley Heights, as well as adding some new positions, and changing some titles if existing ones. If the introduction of this ordinance is approved, there will be a public hearing and final vote on this ordinance on April 5, 2022.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.