Preview of February 15th Town Council Meeting Agenda
by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday February 15st at 7:00PM. Member of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating electronically via ZOOM in this meeting. For this and all future electronic meetings, members of the public will be able to comment by video and comments will also be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writer letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the ZOOM meeting. The meeting ID for the Zoom meeting is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364.
The first items on the agenda is a conference session with Police Chief Massimino discussing the request to have the Berkeley Heights Police Department undertake the NJSACOP Accreditation process.
The council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated February 15, 2022 in the amount of $829,904.61 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Award a contract to The Rogers Group, LLC, for consulting services to assist the BH Police Dept. in attaining NJSACOP Accreditation, in an amount not to exceed $39,900.
- Authorize the application of the 2022 NJ Department of Transportation Local Project Fund for drainage, curbing and repaving of certain sections of Orchard Lane, Mercier Place, Old Farm Road and Deerpath Lane.
- Authorize an award of payment of 2021 LOSAP benefits to eligible members of the Township Volunteer Rescue Squad.
- Authorize a professional services contract to Neglia Engineering Associates for Surveying, engineering, permitting, grant support, and bidding services for West Side Drainage Improvement project in an amount not exceed $100,000.
- Authorize a professional services contract to Neglia Engineering Associates for Preliminary surveying and engineering design services for “Spring Ridge” drainage study, in an amount not to exceed $89,320.
- Appoint Lisa DiMichelle and Karen Cassels to the Historic Preservation Committee.
- Appoint Steve Hopkins to the Truth, Community Healing, and Inclusion Committee
- Appoint Yelenla Lyudmilova to the Grants Committee.
- Authorize the repair of the Locust Ave culvert and Evergreen Road culvert damaged during Tropical Storm IDA from the Storm Recovery Reserve in the amount not to exceed $32,300; the Township will apply for a 75%-25% FEMA reimbursement for this work.
- Authorize an amendment to the Professional services agreement with Neglia Engineering Associates, for Municipal professional engineering services, in an amount not to exceed $112,704.
Go here to view the complete Council agenda.