By Council President Jeanne Kingsley
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday December 21 at 7:00PM. Member of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating electronically via ZOOM in this meeting. For this and all future electronic meetings, members of the public will be able to comment by video and comments will also be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writer letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the ZOOM meeting. The meeting ID for the Zoom meeting is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364.
The first items on the agenda are proclamations recognizing service to the Township for Councilman Alvaro Medeiros, Councilman Stephen Yellin and Fire Chief Anthony Padovano.
The second item on the agenda is a public hearing and final adoption of an ordinance amending several committee ordinances to make the appointment of members consistent throughout all of the committees.
The third item on the agenda is a public hearing and final adoption of an ordinance establishing the Truth, Community Healing, and Inclusion Committee.
The council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated December 21, 2021 in the amount of $1,719,230.44 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment
- Authorize the Township to join Union County in applying for a $250,000 LEAP Implementation grant to support the Regional Emergency Services Dispatch Center
- Authorize the collective bargaining agreement with the Superior Officer’s Association of the Police Department for the period from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2026.
- Authorize transfers of the 2021 current fund.
- Amend Resolution #36-2021, to increase the not to exceed amount to $80,000, for the Tax attorney, DiFrancesco,Batemen, Kunzman, Davis, Leher & Flaum, PC.
To view the complete Council agenda, go to here.