Town Council Meeting Reminder - Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 6:00 pm
Don’t forget the Town Council meeting TONIGHT.
Agenda for 6 pm Special Meeting
Regular Agenda - September 8
Certifying the Annual Report of Audit
Approving change orders for SCADA Phase 1 at sewer plant
Awarding engineering contracts for road jobs
Authorizing a Shared Service Agreement with New Providence for the paving of Pearl Street
Accepting furniture donations for new municipal complex & other Township buildings
Awarding a not-to-exceed contract to a moving company for the municipal complex
Full Municipal Complex Updates Available
Town Council Zoom Meeting Information & Instructions
Please be advised that the Berkeley Heights Township Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, July 21 will be conducted via the Zoom virtual meeting service, a cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, and telephones. “Zoom Cloud Meetings” is the exact name of the app. This app and the exact URL and meeting ID listed below will also be used for Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment public meetings.
A specific “zoom room” has been set up by Berkeley Heights Township for these public meetings:
Meeting ID: 357-574-7364
Please be aware that the Township Council is utilizing the Zoom service in order to afford as many members of the public, along with necessary Berkeley Heights officials and Township Council members, the ability to conduct and participate in an Open Public Meeting in a remote manner due to the COVID-19 outbreak, in compliance with New Jersey’s Open Public Meetings Act. Public Comment will be guided by the Township Council’s designated “Host” on the Zoom platform. As circumstances dictate, it is possible that the procedures described herein may be modified as required to ensure appropriate access to the Meeting.
All Council members will be seen via audio conference. Video functionality will only be turned on for Township officials and staff as needed. If you are a member of the public and wish to participate in the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must follow the instructions below to join the virtual meeting via Zoom audio:
- Join the meeting using Zoom. Each resident user/participant will have the capability to participate via:
- Audio only
- Audio & chat function
- Participants can “raise their hand” with an icon
- Use the “Chat” function to send a typewritten message to the “Host”, including only:
- Your first and last name
- Your home address
3. When you hear your name announced during the Public Comment portion of the meeting, you may address the Township Council on any government matter. Due to this new technological medium being used to host meetings during this public health emergency, for Township Council meetings, there will be one (1) public comment period, before the agenda items are discussed.
4. You will be given 3 minutes to complete your comments in their entirety. Each resident will get two 3-minute opportunities to speak during this session.
5. After your 3 minutes expires, your microphone will be muted to allow others an opportunity to address the Township Council.
6. Each resident will be allowed two 3-minute comment opportunities.
All microphones of public users will be muted, except as set forth above during the Public Comment period. Please adhere to the instructions above if you want to speak at any time during the Meeting.
If you would like to simply call in to the meeting but not participate in public comment, you must enter the Zoom room at the link above on your phone or desktop, and:
- Either go directly to the meeting room: https://zoom.us/j/3575747364 or enter the following “Meeting ID” when you open the Zoom app: 357-574-7364.
- Once you’re in the room, select the “Join Audio” option at the bottom right of your screen.
- Select “dial in” when the “To hear others please join audio” prompt appears.
- Then select any of the numbers that appear to dial in with. Enter meeting ID, followed by # (pound), then password when prompted.
You can test your computer, phone or tablet’s ability to use Zoom, including speaker/microphone functionality at https://zoom.us/test
Click here for the NJ Department of Community Affairs Guidance for Remote Public Meetings in New Jersey