COVID19 - Information & Resources
Town COVID-19 Updates and Helpful Information
Berkeley Heights Township provides frequent COVID-19 updates to help you stay informed about important local, county, state and national COVID-19 information.
Regular updates from the Township about COVID-19 Berkeley Heights, Union County, NJ and frequent helpful & important COVID19 news & information for residents and local businesses.
CDC Cloth Face Covering Guidelines - what you need to know to Slow the Spread. Information about wearing, making, washing and more.
Beginning Friday, March 13, Township offices in Berkeley Heights will be closed to the public. In addition, the Berkeley Heights Public Library will be closed, as will the Recreation Department; all recreation programs are canceled after Friday, March 13, until further notice.
Statistics as of May 14, 2020
- Active cases: 70 (60 from LTCs)
- Closed cases: 173 (46 recovered from LTCs)
- Total deaths: 53 (50 LTC deaths, 3 community deaths)
- Total Cases: 243
NJ & Union County - no update available for 5/14. As of May 13:
- NJ cases: 1,028 new; 141,560 total
- NJ deaths: 197 new; 9,702 total
- Union County cases: 117 new; 14,306 total
- Union County deaths: 8 new; 908 total
In an effort to help people in Berkeley Heights manage during COVID-19, local volunteers set up a call center; residents can get connected to services, be assigned a check-in buddy, get info about Township & County programs, get groceries/supplies & more. Call (908) 312-2066 or email: BHHelpingNeighbors@gmail.com
#LightUpTheLights - BH Neighbors Helping Neighbors encourages everyone to put lights in your windows, or lights outside your home (Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali - any lights!), in a sign of solidarity with our community in the fight against COVID-19.
Additional Help Available
If you’re experiencing fear, anxiety or stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please call one of these Union County Helplines:
For 24/7 Emergency Psychiatric Crisis Services, please contact
- Mobile Community Outreach (Adults): (908) 994-7131
- Union County Mobile Response & Stabilization (Children): (877) 652-7624
- RWJ University Hospital: (732) 381-4200
- Overlook Hospital: 908-522-2000
Additional Help Lines:
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- NJ Mental Health Cares: 1-866-202-4357
- The Peer Recovery Warmline: 1-877-292-5588
- Veterans Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (press 1)
- Addiction Help, NJ Hopeline: 1-855-654-6735
- Addiction Help, ReachNJ.gov: 1-844-REACHNJ
The township has complied a list of commonly asked Questions & Answers such as:
- How can I best protect myself and my family?
- What is the process for getting tested?
- Has UCOHM (Union County Office of Health Management) contacted all individuals who may have come into contact with any patients diagnosed with COVID-19?
- What is our Health Official’s role?
- Who should I call/what should I do if I think I have symptoms?
- Should I drive myself to the hospital or call emergency services?
- Is it safe to go to the store, etc…?
- New Hours for Union County COVID-19 Test Center Effective May 4
- Play “Downtown BH Bingo” May 1 – May 10 and Have Fun Supporting Downtown Businesses
- Local, Board of Ed and County Parks Open to Passive Recreation Only Beginning Tomorrow
- The Business Aid: Berkeley Heights Challenge Is On Thanks to The Connell Company
- Governor Murphy Announces Statewide Stay at Home Order, Closure of All Non-Essential Retail Businesses
- COVID-19: Berkeley Heights Parks & Playgrounds to be Closed as of March 17
- U.S. House passes sweeping coronavirus response package
- New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard
- CDC: How to Protect Yourself
- CDC: How to Prepare
- EPA: List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
- Google's news stream on "Coronavirus" @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>