Applying for Raffle License
Raffles are regulated and governed by the New Jersey Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. For complete details and requirements refer to the state’s website at: www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/lgccc.
To apply for a RAFFLE License, the following documents must be submitted to the Township Clerk’s office at least four (4) weeks prior to the event to allow enough time to process the request.
- Organization Registration (must be the original certificate issued by the State of New Jersey for current year)
- Four (4) Copies of the Application Packet, each packet must contain:
- Two (2) Checksas applicable (based on raffle type and/or value of prizes)
- One (1) check payable to the "Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission"
- One (1) check payable to the "Township of Berkeley Heights"
- Background Check Authorization, including the following:
- One (1) completed Police Approval for Raffle License Form
- AND, For Each Member in Charge, provide:
- Authorization for Release of Information and Records
- Photocopy of current and valid id (driver’s license)
- Do NOT use staples on ANY part of the application.
- Name on the Application must match EXACTLY to the name on the Registration.
- Application MUST be signed by at least two members.
- Complete a separate set of Application Packets for each raffle event (ie. On-Premise Basket Raffle, On-Premise 50/50, Off-Premise 50/50, etc).
- If your event is a Casino Night, all equipment must be obtained from a licensed Casino Equipment Provider. The Equipment Provider should supply a Form-13 which must be submitted with your application.
- Once the documents have been received, signed-off by the Berkeley Heights Police Chief, and mailed to the state there is a mandatory 14 calendar day holding period before a license can be issued. This waiting period is imposed by the New Jersey Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission.
- Once your event has occurred, the State requires that you complete a Raffle Report of Operations (must be notarized) and send it to the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission no later than the 15th day of the calendar month immediately following the month of the event. Based on this filing, additional fees my be required. Off-Premise Raffles must also send a copy to the:
Township of Berkeley Heights
29 Park Avenue
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
To AMEND an already issued Raffle/Bingo License, visit Amending a Raffle / Bingo License.
There are additional requirements for some raffle types. For more details refer to the State’s website at www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/lgccc.