2022 Recycling Schedule
Below is the new 2022 recycling schedule. Berkeley Heights hires an outside vendor, Giordano Company Inc, to provide recycling services. The Township does not pick up recycling. Please ensure your recycling is in containers with tops, to prevent items from getting wet. Divisions of town/schedule are below, along with what is - and what is not - acceptable for recycling. Please note that plastic bags full of recycling will not be picked up. Thank you for your cooperation.
Giordano Recycling is NOW accepting empty plastic bottles coded #5 along with #1 & #2.
Berkeley Heights Township is divided into TWO sections for recycling pickups. Snyder Avenue/Horseshoe Road is the dividing line between the EAST and the WEST sides of Berkeley Heights:
1) EAST: Pickup will occur every other MONDAY for streets EAST of Snyder Ave (toward Summit)
2) WEST: Pickup will occur every other TUESDAY for streets WEST of Snyder Avenue (toward Warren)
Even-numbered homes on Snyder Avenue and all of Horseshoe Road will be picked up on Mondays. Odd-numbered homes on Snyder Ave will be picked up on Tuesdays.
Residents must supply their own recycling bin. The Township doesn't provide them.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Giordano Company Inc. 1-800-216-2250
Other Recyling Items of Note...
- Per Giordano Recycling Company, they are receiving a high amount of latex gloves and masks in the recycling loads this week at our processing facility. These items are NOT considered household recycling and should be properly disposed as trash. The health and safety of their employees are their number one priority. They need to make sure they can keep their crews healthy to continue our essential services.
- Berkeley Heights offers monthly Electronics, Styrofoam, White Goods recycling on the first and third Saturday of the month. Please see menu to left for details, or click here.
- In the interest of all properties within the township, homeowners are responsible for placing recyclables within a suitable container at curbside. A suitable container is one which has a tight fitting lid to avoid spillage from the container as per Section 8.60.090D of the Code of the Township of Berkeley Heights. Noncompliance with this section of the ordinance could result in a summons being issued. Windy conditions will blow empty cans and plastic bottles from uncovered recycling containers. A suitable recycling container shall have a tight fitting lid.
Download the Recycle Coach App
Residents should download Recycle Coach, a free app from Union County designed to help make recycling and solid waste information more accessible and engage the public in the principles of “Reduce, Re-use and Recycle.”
Recycle Coach provides accurate, up-to-date information on Union County’s recycling events as well as local recycling schedules in a handy, user-friendly mobile format. The County has partnered with all 21 Union County municipalities on this initiative and are working together to boost participation and improve recycling rates countywide.
The app provides personalized collection schedules based on place of residence. Once a resident downloads Recycle Coach, their calendar will list Union County recycling events along with local curbside garbage and recycling schedules. The app will advise if there are changes in local collection due to holidays or weather.