Temporary Handicap Placard

Click Link Below for Application

TEMPORARY Handicap Placards can be issued to residents of Berkeley Heights through the office of the Chief of Police. PERMANENT handicap placards are only issued through the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission and require a separate application and process.


Once the TEMPORARY application is complete and signed by your doctor, you can drop it off at the police department along with a check made payable to NJMVC for $4.00 – please note cash and credit cards cannot be accepted. The application will not be processed without a check.

Please contact the Chief’s secretary at 908-464-2700 x2223 with any questions.