Cat / Dog Licenses
The Township of Berkeley Heights requires that all CATS and DOGS over the age of 7 months be licensed annually. Licenses are issued by the Township Clerk’s office and, once issued, are valid thru January 31st of the year after licensing.
If your dog or cat is currently licensed with the Township, a renewal letter will be mailed to you in early January. Be sure to complete and return the application along with proof of Rabies vaccination and the appropriate fee as soon as possible. Renewals received AFTER February 28th will incur a late fee.
Whether you are renewing your pet license or applying fo r a new one, the Rabies Vaccination Certificate MUST be valid through October 31st of the current year.
As noted on the State of New Jersey website (See Department of Health, Dog Licensing,) “An Exemption to the rabies inoculation requirement shall be granted if the owner presents written certification from a licensed veterinarian that the dog cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or course of therapy.”
License Applications can be submitted Online, In Person or Through the Mail. No matter how you submit your application, once we receive it we will process it and mail your pet license and tags directly to your home.
Online Submissions: Complete the appropriate application and pay for your license electronically.
- Cat License - New (used when licensing this Cat for the 1st in Berkeley Heights)
- Cat License - Renewal (used when renewing a Cat License ON or BEFORE February 28th)
- Cat License - Late Renewal (used when renewing a Cat License AFTER to February 28th)
- Dog License - New (used when licensing this Dog for the 1st in Berkeley Heights)
- Dog License - Renewal (used when renewing a Dog License ON or BEFORE February 28th)
- Dog License - Late Renewal (used when renewing a Dog License AFTER to February 28th)
In Person or Through the Mail: Complete the appropriate form (Dog License Application or Cat License Application) and return it, along with rabies vaccination certificate and check made payable the “Township of Berkeley Heights” to:
The Township Clerk’s Office,
29 Park Avenue
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922